Search for Unclaimed Property
Kentucky's Unclaimed Property Fund is managed through Missing Money, a national database of unclaimed property. Missing Money is a partnership between the Kentucky State Treasury, The National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators, and Avenu. The partnership employs the latest technology to provide nationwide search services. Claimants are able to print an official claim form on their home printer. Using the steps below, Kentuckians can search the Missing Money database and determine if they or a loved one has property to claim.
Go to www.missingmoney.com to start your search. Begin by filling out your name or business name and clicking "Search."
This screen should show a selection of names that are either identical or similar to the name you’ve typed in. It is time to narrow your search. At the top of the screen, be sure to fill out the Name, City, and select "Kentucky" from the state drop-down menu. Click "Search."
Search for your name and an address you can identify. You will be able to see an estimated amount of the value of the unclaimed property, as well as from where the funds were initially held. Click the "Claim" button on the left side of the name and address you can identify.
The item(s) you have selected will be added to the "My Claims Cart" at the top right of the webpage.
This page confirms that the information on this website is connected to the Kentucky State Treasury. Read the directions and select the best option for you. Please select the correct relationship that you have to each property being claimed.
Please select the "Relationship" option that describes your relationship to the property you are requesting to claim.
- Select "Owner" if it is your name listed on the property account.
- Select "Heir" if the reported owner is deceased and you are an heir to the property.
- Select "Executor" if the reported owner is deceased and you were appointed in court as the Executor, Administrator, or Estate Representative.
- Select "Corporate Officer" if the reported owner is a business or organization and you are a corporate officer or other authorized agent for the business/organization.
- Select "Other" if you have any other relationship to the reported owner such as Power-of-Attorney, Guardian, Conservator, Custodian, or Legal Representative.
Complete the form with accurate information, then click "Continue."
You are almost done! At this point, your information has been sent to the Kentucky State Treasury Unclaimed Property Division.
If you selected your relationship to the name on the property as "Owner," you have two options:
- Select "Display PDF Forms" and print the claim form, complete it, sign it, and mail it to us along with the required information. Please note: If you print your claim form, you will not receive a copy in the mail.
- Select "Request Forms from State" and request that we mail you a claim form. A claim form will be mailed within the next 7-21 business days.
The quickest way to have your claim processed is to select "Display PDF Forms" and print the claim form, complete it, sign it, and mail it to us along with the required documentation.
If you selected your relationship to the name on the property as Heir, Executor, Corporate Officer, or Other, you have completed your request and should receive a claim form in the next 7-21 business days.