Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Unclaimed Property Search

Search for Unclaimed Property

Kentucky's Unclaimed Property Fund is managed through Missing Money, a national database of unclaimed property.  Missing Money is a partnership between the Kentucky State Treasury, The National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators, and Xerox.  The partnership employs the latest technology to provide nationwide search services.  Claimants are able to print an official claim form on their home printer.  Using the steps below, Kentuckians can search the Missing Money database and determine if they or a loved one has property to claim.

Step 1: 

Go to and fill out the First Name, Last Name, and State information. Click “Go.”



Step 2: 

This screen should show a selection of names that are either identical or similar to the name you’ve typed in.  It is time to narrow your search.  At the top of the screen, be sure to select “Kentucky” from the state drop down menu.


Step 3: 

Search for your name and an address you can identify.  You’ll be able to see an estimated amount of the value of the unclaimed property, as well as from where the funds were initially held. Click on the name and address you can identify.


Step 4: 

This page confirms that the information on this website is connected to the Kentucky State Treasury. Read the directions and select the best option for you.


Step 5: 

Complete the form with accurate information. Click continue.


Step 6:  

Almost done!  At this point, your information has been sent to us at the Kentucky State Treasury. You must now print the claim form, complete it, sign it, and mail it to us along with the required documentation.  This is the best and quickest way to have your claim processed.



The Kentucky State Treasury may require evidence to verify a claim. Such evidence may include copies of birth or death certificates, proof of former residence (copy of cancelled check, bill, school records, etc.), or evidence of a business relationship with the reporting company. Every claim is different; however, the staff of the Unclaimed Property Division will determine the evidence appropriate for your claim.

The Kentucky State Treasury shall authorize payment to the claimant of a sum equal to the amount originally surrendered to the Commonwealth less $1 to help defray the cost.